A garage door is one of the best investments you should make to increase your home’s value. Here are a few questions to keep in mind when buying a new garage door.
Which garage door material is best for me?
Choosing the wrong garage door material can waste time and money on on-going maintenance. A garage door is a large investment, so make sure you’re getting your money’s worth from this purchase. Here are some materials that would be best for a new door.
- Wood – Wooden garage doors are constructed of high-quality wood species, adding warmth and beauty to your home’s exterior. Artisan’s wood garage doors are designed with rich detailing and styling.
- Wood Composite – Using long-lasting, engineered wood products, this wood-fiber-based material combines the strength of heavy-duty, non-wood materials and adhesives with the rustic, traditional look of genuine wood. It offers moisture, rot, and insect resistance, and can be finished with paint.
- Vinyl – As a wood alternative, vinyl garage doors are highly durable and require less maintenance. Vinyl materials are moisture-, salt-, and insect-resistant.
Composite – Composites utilize urethane-based, pre-primed, faux-hardwood materials that are molded into subtle wood textures and patterns. The result is a lightweight garage door that minimizes the need for painting.
How can I secure my garage door?
Home invasions can happen anywhere, at any time. Since garage doors allow another entry way into your home, it’s important that you take necessary precautions to protect yourself. Here are some simple safety tips:
Shield your emergency release – Garage doors have an emergency release that can be reachable by intruders. To combat this, you can install a simple shield that blocks your emergency release system. When a burglar finds that their quick access has hit a roadblock, they will move on for fear of being noticed.
Use a timer – If you often forget to close your garage door in the hustle and bustle of hectic mornings, you can install a timer that ensures your door closes at a predetermined time each day.
Upgrade your garage door openers – Ditch the typical clip-on garage door remote that hangs in your car. A burglar can easily open an unlocked car parked in the driveway and use the clip-on remote to access the garage. If your car is ever stolen, the thief now has access to your home as well. Instead, opt for a keychain garage door remote that stays inside with you overnight.
Buying a garage door is not as easy as it may sound. It has got enough of considerations to pay attention to. We, At Doors In Motion Inc., provide full support and our technicians will explain everything and clear all your doubts related to your Garage Door.
1. Security Of Garage Door – The first thing one should consider while anything for home or home garage is definitely security. A home makes us secured and a garage door keeps your cars secured therefore, one should not jeopardize the security factor of the garage door.
2. Safety Measures Of Garage Door – If you have kids or pets then safety is an important concern. Therefore you should always buy a garage door that has a safety sensor. This safety sensor will give an alarm or would simply stop rolling down if the person’s foot is under it.
3. The Material It Is Made Up Of – Garage doors come in many types of material. They are made of wood, steel, aluminum, and vinyl. You need to check what material suits your needs before buying a garage door.
4. Power Of Garage Door Motor – You need to pay attention to the power of the garage door opener for Garage Door Opener. If in case you are using a heavy or bulky garage door then your garage will require a powerful garage door opener motor.
5. Cost and Convenience Of Garage Door – Cost and convenience of use are the things you should pay attention to. You should compare the market prices before purchasing one. You should also look for the mechanism. It should not be very difficult to operate.